Prairie Mountain Health is continuing to roll out electronic health records, known as eChart.
The secure electronic system pulls together information from many existing systems, including filled drug prescriptions, immunizations, lab results and x-ray reports, allowing authorized health care workers access to patient information when needed.
"The expansion … will enhance patient care and safety and help us deal with some of the unique challenges we face in rural Manitoba, " said Penny Gilson, CEO of Prairie Mountain Health. "As eChart Manitoba continues to grow, it will have the potential to ensure that someone’s key health information is available at any site within the health region, which can be critical, especially in the case of an emergency."
Over the past year, many sites in the former Parkland and Assiniboine RHAs, which along with Brandon are now part of the new Prairie Mountain Health region, have gone live with eChart. This includes:
- Swan River Community Health
- Winnipegosis Community Health
- Dauphin Community Health
- Dauphin Regional Health Centre
- Gilbert Plains Community Health
- McCreary Community Health
- Roblin Community Health
- Roblin District Health Centre
- Benito Primary Health Care Centre
- Camperville Primary Health Care Centre
- Ethelbert Primary Health Care Centre
- Waterhen Primary Health Care Centre
- Swan Valley Health Centre
- Grandview District Hospital
- Grandview Community Health
- Ste. Rose Community Health
- Souris Health Centre
- Neepawa Health Centre
- Melita Health Centre
- Shoal Lake/Strathclair Health Centre
- Hamiota Health Centre
- Deloraine Health Centre
- Boissevain Health Centre
For a complete listing of sites, or for more information on eChart Manitoba, log on to connectedcare.ca/echartmanitoba.