Accessibility/Mobile Features
Skip Navigation
Skip to Content
Editorial News
Classified Sites

Brandon Sun - ONLINE EDITION

Damp but warm

A wet morning will give way to possible storms before skies clear overnight — but there's more precipitation in the forecast.

Environment Canada is calling for a 30 per cent chance of showers this morning increasing to 70 per cent chance before noon, with the chance of a thunderstorm as well. Westerly winds will pick up a bit, as temperatures reach a high of 23ºC.

Skies should clear this evening, as winds drop, and temperatures will decline to 12ºC before tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow should see a mix of sun and cloud, with a southwest breeze and a high of 25ºC.

Clouds are in the forecast after that, however. Thursday will see a good chance of showers and a high of 26ºC, followed but more showers on Friday and a high of 22ºC.

Saturday and Sunday will be grey as well, with periods of rain on Saturday and highs of 22ºC both days.

At this point, the Monday forecast also calls for clouds, with a good chance of showers, and a high of 22ºC.

The normal high for this time of year is 21ºC; the normal low is 8ºC.

The warmest it's ever been on this date was in 1980, when it hit 31.5ºC. The coldest ever was in 1965, when temperatures got down to -2.2ºC and there was 3 cm of snow (also a record). The rainiest May 27 was in 1942, when it poured 33.8 mm.

  • Rate this Rate This Star Icon
  • This article has not yet been rated.
  • We want you to tell us what you think of our articles. If the story moves you, compels you to act or tells you something you didn’t know, mark it high. If you thought it was well written, do the same. If it doesn’t meet your standards, mark it accordingly.

    You can also register and/or login to the site and join the conversation by leaving a comment.

    Rate it yourself by rolling over the stars and clicking when you reach your desired rating. We want you to tell us what you think of our articles. If the story moves you, compels you to act or tells you something you didn’t know, mark it high.

Sort by: Newest to Oldest | Oldest to Newest | Most Popular 0 Commentscomment icon

You can comment on most stories on brandonsun.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is register and/or login and you can join the conversation and give your feedback.

There are no comments at the moment. Be the first to post a comment below.

Post Your Commentcomment icon

Comment
  • You have characters left

The Brandon Sun does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. Comments are moderated before publication. By submitting your comment, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. New to commenting? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.

letters

Make text: Larger | Smaller

Brandon Sun Business Directory
The First World War at 100
Why Not Minot?
Welcome to Winnipeg

Social Media