Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 6/4/2014 (1176 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
No one was injured and two cats were saved after a downtown apartment went up in flames last night.
According to the Brandon Police Service, a heater plugged in below a window caught fire and blew out the window above it.
Brandon Fire and Emergency Services, police and ambulances responded to the fire just before 11 p.m. Saturday night at a four-unit apartment complex at the corner of Princess Avenue and 15th Street.
Neighbours said they threw pots of water and snow through the blown-out front window of the apartment to combat the flames, which reached the height of the ceiling.
No one in the single-bedroom apartment was home at the time and the fire was localized to the one suite.
The large flames were extinguished by the time emergency crews arrived on scene neighbours said, but several firefighters were seen hauling out charred furniture from the apartment and soaking everything in water well into the night.
» Brandon Sun