Accessibility/Mobile Features
Skip Navigation
Skip to Content
Editorial News
Classified Sites

Brandon Sun - ONLINE EDITION

Local artists showcased at AGSM

Great local art will be up for viewing — and for sale — at the Art Gallery of Southwestern Manitoba this month.

The ninth annual members' show and sale will take place at the art gallery from Dec. 5–19, with an opening reception scheduled for Thursday at 7:30 p.m.

The display will feature a variety of art by some of the region’s best artists, including Chris Reid, Fay Jelly, Elaine Rounds, Curt Shoultz, Colin Corneau and over 30 others. They will reveal some of their newest and never-before-seen paintings, photographs, and ceramics at the show.

All works are framed originals and will be priced from $50 to $500, with 75 per cent of the sales going to the artists. The remaining 25 per cent of the sales will go towards the gallery’s educational programs. Last year’s show and sale was a huge success for the artists, who made over $4,000 in sales over the short run of the exhibition. 

"This show is an amazing opportunity to support local talent and to expand one’s art collection with pieces that have never been shown before. Every year, our buyers are becoming savvier, snapping up their favourites in the first week of the exhibition, and artists are making new work especially for this show," says the the art gallery’s curator, Natalia Lebedinskaia.

The gallery is located at the corner of Rosser and Seventh Street on the second floor of the Town Centre. It can also be accessed directly off the parkade, where there is free parking on Thursday nights and Saturdays.

The gallery is open Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., with late nights on Thursday until 9 p.m.. It's also open Saturday from noon to 5 p.m.

 

  • Rate this Rate This Star Icon
  • This article has not yet been rated.
  • We want you to tell us what you think of our articles. If the story moves you, compels you to act or tells you something you didn’t know, mark it high. If you thought it was well written, do the same. If it doesn’t meet your standards, mark it accordingly.

    You can also register and/or login to the site and join the conversation by leaving a comment.

    Rate it yourself by rolling over the stars and clicking when you reach your desired rating. We want you to tell us what you think of our articles. If the story moves you, compels you to act or tells you something you didn’t know, mark it high.

Sort by: Newest to Oldest | Oldest to Newest | Most Popular 0 Commentscomment icon

You can comment on most stories on brandonsun.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is register and/or login and you can join the conversation and give your feedback.

There are no comments at the moment. Be the first to post a comment below.

Post Your Commentcomment icon

Comment
  • You have characters left

The Brandon Sun does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. Comments are moderated before publication. By submitting your comment, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. New to commenting? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.

letters

Make text: Larger | Smaller

Brandon Sun Business Directory
Submit a Random Act of Kindness
Why Not Minot?
Welcome to Winnipeg

Social Media