SOMEONE in Manitoba is among seven people who were made ill from E. coli bacteria after eating beef that has been linked to recalls of frozen burgers.
The Public Health Agency of Canada said two cases reported this month include a person in Manitoba and a person in Ontario and are linked to products sold by Canada Safeway Inc.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency said the other fives cases are from December and include products sold by Loblaw.
These confirmed cases include four people in Ontario, two in Alberta and one in Manitoba. The health agency said these people became ill in December and January and are now recovering.
Earlier this month, the CFIA announced Canada Safeway was recalling products including Gourmet Meat Shoppe Big & Juicy Burger and the Gourmet Meat Shoppe Prime Rib Burger with a best-before date of Aug. 14.
Officials say the two most recent cases of E. coli are linked to recalled Gourmet Meat Shoppe Big and Juicy burgers.
Also affected in the recall are Butcher's Cut Pure Beef Patties sold in packages of 10, 20 and 40.
-- The Canadian Press