Accessibility/Mobile Features
Skip Navigation
Skip to Content
Editorial News
Classified Sites

Brandon Sun - PRINT EDITION

Faulty heater eyed in devastating fire at businesses

Brandon police say a Monday morning fire that gutted the home of three local businesses was probably the results of a malfunctioning heater.

Damage has been estimated at around $400,000.

The heater was being used to thaw frozen water lines at about 7:45 a.m. when the blaze broke out at Second Street and Pacific Avenue

A group of employees from Rylam Developments and Prairie Electric were just starting their workday when the fire was discovered. Although they tried to tried to put it out themselves, they were quickly driven back by thick, heavy smoke.

One employee was taken to hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation, but it was a precautionary move.

The building also housed Westman Golf Services.

The Office of the Fire Commissioner continues to investigate.

» Brandon Sun

Republished from the Brandon Sun print edition December 11, 2013

  • Rate this Rate This Star Icon
  • This article has not yet been rated.
  • We want you to tell us what you think of our articles. If the story moves you, compels you to act or tells you something you didn’t know, mark it high. If you thought it was well written, do the same. If it doesn’t meet your standards, mark it accordingly.

    You can also register and/or login to the site and join the conversation by leaving a comment.

    Rate it yourself by rolling over the stars and clicking when you reach your desired rating. We want you to tell us what you think of our articles. If the story moves you, compels you to act or tells you something you didn’t know, mark it high.

Sort by: Newest to Oldest | Oldest to Newest | Most Popular 0 Commentscomment icon

You can comment on most stories on brandonsun.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is register and/or login and you can join the conversation and give your feedback.

There are no comments at the moment. Be the first to post a comment below.

Post Your Commentcomment icon

Comment
  • You have characters left

The Brandon Sun does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. Comments are moderated before publication. By submitting your comment, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. New to commenting? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.

Brandon police say a Monday morning fire that gutted the home of three local businesses was probably the results of a malfunctioning heater.

Damage has been estimated at around $400,000.

Please subscribe to view full article.

Already subscribed? Login to view full article.

Not yet a subscriber? Click here to sign up

Brandon police say a Monday morning fire that gutted the home of three local businesses was probably the results of a malfunctioning heater.

Damage has been estimated at around $400,000.

Subscription required to view full article.

A subscription to the Brandon Sun Newspaper is required to view this article. Please update your user information if you are already a newspaper subscriber.

letters

Make text: Larger | Smaller

Brandon Sun Business Directory
Submit a Random Act of Kindness
Why Not Minot?
Welcome to Winnipeg

Social Media