Assiniboine Community College
• ACC’s radio station, CJ 106, is looking for volunteers to host their own radio shows. No experience? No problem! The station offers a comprehensive training session that covers everything you need to know to get on the air and have fun. If you have a passion for music, entertainment and information, CJ 106 can be your outlet. The next training session will be on Tuesday at 7 p.m. in Room 427 at the Victoria Avenue East campus. The cost for a one-year membership to the Assiniboine Campus-Community Radio Society is $15. If you’re interested in hosting your own radio show on Brandon’s only campus-based community radio station, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204-725-8700, ext. 7042.
• Tune in to Westman Newline, ACC’s live broadcast news program, for the 2012-13 premiere on Tuesday at 1 p.m. on WCG Channel 12. ACC’s interactive media arts students write, produce and record the live news program on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 1 p.m., with rebroadcasts at 6 p.m. the same nights.
• The ACC Students’ Association is holding its annual Halloween Food Drive! Please support our students when they come to your door on Wednesday, Oct. 31. Donations will go to the ACC Student Food Bank.
• The ACC Cougars varsity volleyball teams will host their first home games of the season at the Victoria Avenue East campus gymnasium on Saturday, Nov. 3, against Providence University College. The women’s team plays at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. and the men’s team plays at 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Come cheer on the Cougars! Games are free and members of the public are invited to attend. Check out the full schedule at assiniboine.net/varsity.
• In celebration of National Technology Week, ACC’s communications engineering technology program has teamed up with Cogmation Robotics to offer a fun and educational Robotics Workshop for 12- to 14-year-olds in western Manitoba. The workshop will be held on Saturday, Nov. 10, at the Victoria Avenue East campus. To reserve your spot, RSVP to email@example.com or call 204-725-8718.
» Erin Lambert
Republished from the Brandon Sun print edition October 22, 2012