Assiniboine Community College
• The Legacy Gala Dinner will be held on Thursday, March 27, and is a one-of-a-kind evening. Guests will be treated to the culinary arts students’ exquisite cooking and the hotel and restaurant management students’ wine pairings. The funds raised from the evening support the ACC Foundation, which in turn benefits students in scholarships, awards and bursaries. Tickets are sold out; to be put on the wait list, call 204-725-8739.
• ACC is accepting nominations for the Honorary Diploma Award. This award is presented to an individual who demonstrates high standards of excellence in their personal and professional achievements, and whose involvement in the community and college is widely recognized. Nomination deadline is March 31. Visit assiniboine.net/honorarydiploma for nomination forms.
• On Tuesday, April 1, from 1-7 p.m., ACC will host a Trades Information session at the Len Evans Centre for Trades and Technology. This event is open to the public. Individuals interested in pursuing a career in the skilled trades industry are encouraged to attend. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Hotel and restaurant management and culinary arts students are preparing for this year’s International Wine & Food Festival, being held on Thursday, April 17 from 7-10 p.m. Tickets are available by calling 204-725-8738 beginning Thursday, April 3 at 9 a.m.
• The Centre of Continuing Studies’ spring summer guide is now available. Course offerings include:
• Baby and Newborn Photography — Saturday, April 5, from 1-5 p.m.
• Cheese Wars: Wine vs. Beer — Tuesday, April 8, from 7-9 p.m.
• Branding — Tuesday, April 15, from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
» Kim Jones
Republished from the Brandon Sun print edition March 24, 2014