tips to curb motorists’ risk of accidents
While we may be heading into the tail-end of winter, the spring thaw and cold evenings will still be creating some hazardous driving conditions.
With weather in Westman unpredictable at best, and more snow and freezing rain possible, the Brandon Police Service warns motorists about getting too complacent.
To avoid being involved in an accident, give yourself a chance by following these simple rules:
• Always drive with clear windows — clean off all snow and frost before driving.
• Always wear your seatbelt. Buckle up before moving your vehicle.
• Drive slower — leave earlier to get to your destination on time.
• Be aware of the road conditions and drive accordingly. Roads may be slippery from frost, ice or snow.
• Do not follow vehicles too close or more closely than is reasonable for road and weather conditions.
• Be aware of vehicle exhaust that may obscure your vision, especially on cold frosty mornings at intersections.
• Be prepared for the unexpected.
» Brandon Police Service