Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 6/5/2014 (1144 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Spring yard cleaning tends to fill up a lot of bags, but the city says it can help.
For two weeks in May, city workers will be picking up any extra yard waste if homeowners make sure it is bagged or bundled and set out with recycling and trash bins.
Yard waste that can be bagged — leaves and grass clippings and the like — should be placed in either clear, compostable bags or in Kraft brown paper bags and set out alongside the bins. Twigs can also be left out, if they are less than a quarter-inch in diameter and are bundled.
People who have green carts can also leave out extra bags if they have already filled up their green bins.
Pickup of the yard waste will be done on the same Tuesday-through-Friday schedule as trash and recycling collection from May 13 until May 23.
Properly-bagged yard waste can also be dropped off at the city’s depots:
• First Street and Richmond Avenue (in the lane at the northeast corner)
• 400-block of Franklin Street (in the southeast corner of Rideau Park)
• Sportsplex parking lot (30 Knowlton Drive)
• 34th Street and Victoria Avenue (in lane at the northeast corner)
• Westridge Community Centre (32 Willowdale Crescent)
• Eastview Landfill Site (3000 Victoria Ave. East)
» Brandon Sun