Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 27/3/2013 (3167 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Investigators say that the fire that destroyed the Alonsa Hotel early yesterday morning was sparked by an electrical fault. It's not believed to be suspicious.
There were no guests at the hotel when it caught fire, and no injuries were reported.
The blaze was reported just before 1 a.m. Tuesday, when people inside the building smelled smoke and fled the building.
Several area fire departments responded, but the building in the town of about 1,400 could not be saved, RCMP said in a news release.
Alonsa is a town of about 1,400 people, located about 25 km east of Riding Mountain National Park, on Highway 50.