Three more Winnipeg communities have been added to the list of communities now eligible for the vaccine. In a release by the province on Tuesday, adults aged 18 and over who live or work in River East South, St. Vital North and Seven Oaks East are now eligible to receive the vaccine..
A list of eligible jobs in those communities include:
• kindergarten to Grade 12 schools
• child-care providers
• food-processing facilities
• grocery or convenience stores
• gas stations
• public health inspectors or workplace safety and health officers; or
• anywhere that serves food (e.g. restaurants or food banks).
There are 14 communities in total with expanded eligibility criteria including:
• Prairie Mountain Health – Brandon East End and Brandon Downtown
• Winnipeg Regional Health Authority – Inkster West, Fort Garry South, Seven Oaks West, Downtown East, Point Douglas South, Inkster East, Point Douglas North and Downtown West; and
• Interlake–Eastern Regional Health Authority – Powerview-Pine Falls
In addition, all adults who live or work (in any role) in the Northern Regional Health Authority, as well as Churchill, are eligible.
More information about community-based eligibility is available at:
Posters with maps of eligible communities and more information about how to book an appointment are available at https://protectmb.ca.
»The Brandon Sun