Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 22/10/2019 (256 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Emergency personnel responded to the scene of what was likely a natural gas explosion on the 200 block of Queens Avenue in Brandon on Tuesday evening at approximately 9 p.m.
Brandon Police Service Sgt. Bill Brown said at approximately 9:45 p.m. that although emergency personnel noted the smell of natural gas in the area, it was too early to determine a cause.
Brown could also not confirm whether there were any injuries reported.
Manitoba Hydro tweeted at approximately 10 p.m.: "Probable gas explosion in Brandon. Crews have clamped off pipes and preliminary readings show no migration of gas."
Neighbours who gathered outside of the area police taped off said that the house was under renovations at the time. Some of these people were evacuated from their homes, although Brown said the evacuation was short-lived.
As we navigate through unprecedented times, our journalists are working harder than ever to bring you the latest local updates to keep you safe and informed.
Now, more than ever, we need your support.
Starting at $4.99/month you can access your Brandon Sun online and full access to all content as it appears on our website.Subscribe Now
or call circulation directly at (204) 727-0527.
Your pledge helps to ensure we provide the news that matters most to your community!