Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 23/10/2019 (255 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Emergency personnel responded to the scene of what was likely a natural gas explosion in the 200 block of Queens Avenue East in Brandon on Tuesday at approximately 9 p.m.
Brandon Police Service Sgt. Bill Brown said that although emergency personnel noted the smell of natural gas in the area, it was too early to determine a cause. He also could not confirm whether there were any injuries.
Neighbours who gathered outside of the area police taped off said the house was under renovation at the time. Some of these people living nearby were evacuated from their homes, although Brown said the evacuation was short-lived.
The CBC reports that Manitoba Hydro crews were also at the scene. A Hydro spokesperson told the CBC that its crews also hadn't determined a cause as of yet, but said the utility was dealing with a "probable" gas explosion
We will be following up this story later today.
— The Brandon Sun
As we navigate through unprecedented times, our journalists are working harder than ever to bring you the latest local updates to keep you safe and informed.
Now, more than ever, we need your support.
Starting at $4.99/month you can access your Brandon Sun online and full access to all content as it appears on our website.Subscribe Now
or call circulation directly at (204) 727-0527.
Your pledge helps to ensure we provide the news that matters most to your community!