- Development up for debate Wednesday: A real estate developer is trying again to get a residential development going at the corner of 18th Street North and Braecrest Drive.
- U.S. wildfire smoke reaches Westman: Westman residents were greeted with a blood-red sun on Monday as smoke from the wildfires on the United States Pacific coast reached the area.
- Man sentenced for swath of charges: A man was sentenced to time served in jail and fines on Monday after pleading guilty to a litany of crimes, including drug possession, public mischief and interfering with Child and Family Services.
- Woman arrested after west-end stabbing: A woman was arrested Sunday afternoon after allegedly stabbing a man in a west end neighbourhood.
- COVID-19 creates inventory problem: For some Brandon businesses, inventory has been hard to come by since the pandemic was officially declared in March.
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud during the day, wit h conditions clearing in the evening. High 18 C. Low 4 C.
- Wednesday: Sunny during the day and clear at night. High 13 C. Low 0 C.
- Thursday: A mix of sun and cloud during the day and clear at night. High 13 C. Low -4 C.
- Friday: Sunny during the day and cloudy periods at night. High 14 C. Low 3 C.
- FIFTY YEARS AGO: Thousands of young people in Brandon took advantage of the lowering of the drinking age yesterday and filled the pubs to overflowing.
- FORTY YEARS AGO: The Edson Manufacturing division of Marr’s Leisure Products has recalled 30 employees to its Oo-Za-We-Kwun plant after a three-month layoff. The firm laid off 90 of 105 employees last June to reduce inventory in the face of slow sales.
- THIRTY YEARS AGO: Canada will send a squadron of CF-18 jets with about 450 pilots and ground crew to the Persian Gulf, Prime Minister Brian Mulroney said yesterday.
- TWENTY YEARS AGO: A Brandon businessman is one of four finalists representing Manitoba in the 2000 Prairies Entrepreneur of the Year awards. The finalists were announced at a banquet last night in Winnipeg. Gordon Peters, President of Contracting Ltd. in Brandon, was nominated as a finalist in the real estate/construction category.
- TEN YEARS AGO: A Sioux Valley youth has pleaded guilty to charges of robbery with violence and breach of probation for his role in an armed and violent robbery at Stahl’s Food Mart in Alexander.