Poor winter driving conditions resulted in the province closing several highways Tuesday night, including the Trans-Canada Highway from Brandon to Winnipeg.
The closure proved short-lived, though, as it had reopened by approximately midnight.
UPDATES FROM THE PROVINCE:
Highway 1, from Brandon to Portage la Prairie, has been reopened.
Other closures, which had yet to be lifted at midnight, included:
• Highway 2, from St. Claude to Starbuck
• Highway 3, from Crystal City to Sperling
• Highway 13, from Carman to Oakville
• Highway 14, from Morden to Rosenfeld
• Highway 23, from Morden to Highway 21
• Highway 75, from Emerson to St. Norbert
As we navigate through unprecedented times, our journalists are working harder than ever to bring you the latest local updates to keep you safe and informed.
Now, more than ever, we need your support.
Starting at $4.99/month you can access your Brandon Sun online and full access to all content as it appears on our website.Subscribe Now
or call circulation directly at (204) 727-0527.
Your pledge helps to ensure we provide the news that matters most to your community!