Arts & Life
Canstar Community News
An employee of the Brandon Walmart has "recently" tested positive for COVID-19, a Walmart spokesperson told the Sun on Thursday.
"We are in contact with the associate and are keeping them in our thoughts," the spokesperson said. "Everyone at Walmart wishes them a speedy recovery."
The confirmation came via emailed correspondence in response to an inquiry the Sun submitted while following up on an anonymous tip.
The associate last worked at the store on July 26, the spokesperson said.
In addition to confirming the news, the spokesperson highlighted several measures the store has taken to prevent the spread of coronavirus, including
• Increased cleaning throughout the store.
• Wellness checks that include a temperature check for all associates at the start of each shift.
• Limiting the number of customers shopping in the store at one time.
• Cleaning shopping carts.
• Encouraging regular handwashing and offering associates gloves and masks and to regularly clean their work areas (including checkouts).
• Plexiglas dividers installed at registers, customer service desks and in pharmacies.
• The introduction of floor markings and one-way aisles to create physical distancing.
» The Brandon Sun
As we navigate through unprecedented times, our journalists are working harder than ever to bring you the latest local updates to keep you safe and informed.
Now, more than ever, we need your support.
Starting at $4.99/month you can access your Brandon Sun online and full access to all content as it appears on our website.Subscribe Now
or call circulation directly at (204) 727-0527.
Your pledge helps to ensure we provide the news that matters most to your community!