WEATHER ALERT

Man charged in restaurant break-in denied bail

Advertisement

Advertise with us

A man arrested when police searched a house in connection with a number of city break-ins has been denied bail.

Read this article for free:

or

Already have an account? Log in here »

We need your support!
Local journalism needs your support!

As we navigate through unprecedented times, our journalists are working harder than ever to bring you the latest local updates to keep you safe and informed.

Now, more than ever, we need your support.

Starting at $15.99 plus taxes every four weeks you can access your Brandon Sun online and full access to all content as it appears on our website.

Subscribe Now

or call circulation directly at (204) 727-0527.

Your pledge helps to ensure we provide the news that matters most to your community!

To continue reading, please subscribe:

Add Brandon Sun access to your Free Press subscription for only an additional

$1 for the first 4 weeks*

  • Enjoy unlimited reading on brandonsun.com
  • Read the Brandon Sun E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
Start now

No thanks

*Your next subscription payment will increase by $1.00 and you will be charged $20.00 plus GST for four weeks. After four weeks, your payment will increase to $24.00 plus GST every four weeks.

Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 03/05/2016 (3578 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.

A man arrested when police searched a house in connection with a number of city break-ins has been denied bail.

The accused was arrested during a search last week, in which police found a stolen shotgun in the home.

“These are very serious offences,” Crown attorney Deidre Badcock said in Brandon provincial court on Monday as she opposed bail.

Badcock said two men were caught on video on April 19 during a break-in to Pizza Pizza.

The back door to the restaurant was jimmied open, she said.

On the video, one of the men, his face covered, can be seen forcing open the till and taking money from inside. This suspect — not the one who applied for bail on Monday — was wearing distinctive gloves and shoes.

A second man, his face partially covered, can also be seen in the video from the restaurant.

Police identified suspects based on the video, and searched an Evergreen Boulevard home on April 26 where they arrested two men.

Inside the home, police found a large amount of cash and a shotgun stolen during a burglary at Pet Lovers Warehouse on April 25.

Nick Wayne Clinton Hunter, 29, is charged with break, enter and theft in connection with the burglary at Pizza Pizza, and with possession of stolen property in relation to the shotgun.

Badcock said Hunter will also be charged with breaching court orders by having a gun.

Hunter was denied bail on Monday, and his next court date is May 12.

Corey James Pashe, 27, is also charged with the Pizza Pizza break-in, with possessing the stolen gun, and with having a gun while prohibited.

He’s also charged in relation to break and enters to Pet Lovers and Tour Indoor Cycling.

Pashe is in custody and hasn’t applied for bail.

» ihitchen@brandonsun.com

» Twitter: @IanHitchen

Report Error Submit a Tip

Local

LOAD MORE